in Aerospace

Global Jet Capital sees increasing need for finance

Posted 3 November 2016 · Add Comment

Global Jet Capital has seen a strong increase in enquiries to finance mid to heavy private jets, with enquiries during the third quarter of this year were 59% higher than the second quarter of 2016 and 240% higher than the same period last year.



Global Jet Capital estimates that as much as $17.5 billion of funding will be needed in 2017 for business jet deliveries.  It estimates that around 27% of this will be raised by high net worth individuals, with the rest evenly split between private and publicly listed companies. 

The company currently has $2.5 billion in assets under management and is revealing today that around 67% of this is through leasing via an operating lease and the remaining 33% is where it has provided funding to clients via loans and capital leases.

Shawn Vick, Executive Director and Chairman of Executive Committee, Global Jet Capital, said:  “The majority of acquisitions of new and pre-owned jets use third-party capital to fully or partially fund the acquisition of the private aircraft they wish to use. We offer a range of tailored solutions and are seeing a growing interest across all of these.

“Combined, our management team has over 200 years of service to the private aircraft industry, and between us we have completed over 3,500 aircraft transactions. We have the expertise, financial strength and industry relationships to develop tailored and flexible financing solutions for our clients.”
 

* required field

Post a comment

Other Stories
Advertisement
Latest News

TEK appointed to manufacture the M777 commanders seat

TEK Military Seating has been appointed as designer, manufacturer and supplier of the M777 Howitzer commander seats for the BAE Systems contract with the Indian MOD, which starts in 2019.

Autonomy for tomorrow's world

In a new cross-government collaboration, the Ministry of Defence (MoD), the Department for International Development (DFID) and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) are working together on turning cutting-edge designs for drones and

UK engineering skills enhanced by Cranfield and BAE Systems

Cranfield University and BAE Systems have announced at the Farnborough International Airshow today the extension of an educational partnership that will further enhance the UKís engineering skills.

Tonbridge School fly the flag in international rocketry final

Four students from Tonbridge School, Kent, were named as runners-up after they competed in an international fly-off in the Youth Rocketry Challenge against teams representing the USA, Japan and France at Farnborough International

Farnborough International Airshow sees orders surge worth $28bn to UK

- More than 1400 aircraft orders and commitments at Farnborough International Airshow 2018, as the global industry sees continuing high demand. - Aircraft and engine orders and commitments worth around $190bn to the global

Nasmyth Group to open training centre for its Academy apprentices

Nasmyth Group is delighted to announce the opening of its new Academy training centre for apprentices. The new facility will be based at Nasmyth Bulwell in Pinxton, Nottinghamshire, one of the Groupís 13 individual precision

RUBB_SK_1906190119
See us at
FIL18 BT111017220718Aviation Africa 2019AdvancedEngin BT1406011118SMIFAVSBT151118SMI GMSCBT3005081118DVD18BT3105200918